Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gumgih
Helper II
Helper II

Calculated Field not updating in Dataverse table

Hi Team,

I am facing issue while retrieving the data from Parent table via calculated filed, it is coming as blank. don't know how to resolve it.

I want to calculate, Hourly Rate = Hours(Timesheet) * Cost (User Details)

can anyone please help.

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Regards,

Mayank Gupta

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @gumgih ,

That is step 1, which is great.

Since you added the relationship and you have the column on your table for the User Details, add this column to the Form under "Forms".  You can then go in and edit the data and you will be able to select the User Detail record for the Timesheet records.  You can't just create the relationship, you need to populate the value of the lookup column with the parent record (which is what the form will allow you to do once you add the field to it).  Doing this, the check around the email matching in your Calculated column should not be needed because you know it is the right record since they are related by filling in the column value on the form.

Hope this helps.

Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.

Thanks,

Drew

Hope this helps. Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @gumgih ,

Based on your screen shot it looks like the Timesheet record is not connected to the User Details, I see that column is blank.  Please verify the Parent lookup field is populated with the User Detail record and I assume it will work as expected.  

Hope this helps.  Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.

Thanks,

Drew

Hope this helps. Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.

@dpoggemann 

Thanks for your response.

But i have simply created lookup column with Many to one relationship with User Details Table.

Capture.PNG

Can you please help, if i missed something here.

Thanks!

Mayank Gupta

dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @gumgih ,

That is step 1, which is great.

Since you added the relationship and you have the column on your table for the User Details, add this column to the Form under "Forms".  You can then go in and edit the data and you will be able to select the User Detail record for the Timesheet records.  You can't just create the relationship, you need to populate the value of the lookup column with the parent record (which is what the form will allow you to do once you add the field to it).  Doing this, the check around the email matching in your Calculated column should not be needed because you know it is the right record since they are related by filling in the column value on the form.

Hope this helps.

Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.

Thanks,

Drew

View solution in original post

@dpoggemann 

Thank you so much!

You really saved my day 😊

It is working as expected now.

Regards,

Mayank Gupta

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,131)