cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Medoomi
Resolver I
Resolver I

Can I export a filtered table view

I am using "views" to created a filtered list of orphaned records (they do not have a corresponding record in an intermediary table). This works well & I can view this list within a gallery in PowerApps.

I would like to delete these occurrences.

Is there a way to export the list created by this table "view"? Or any other way I can delete these records beside creating a delete button in PowerApps & sitting there for hours clicking "delete."

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Medoomi,

Unfortunately you can't choose a view in bulk delete job, you have to replicate the same conditions that your view has.

Apologies, you are correct that the data tab in maker portal doesn't have a select all option. The equivalent would be using advanced find (click the gear > Advanced Settings > this opens legacy D365 interface and from there you can launch advanced find)

You can also look at the Bulk Delete Tool which is an Xrmtoolbox community plugin. It allows you to bulk delete based on views. 

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @Medoomi,

If the amount of records, to delete is large (hundreds or thousands), then I'd suggest using a bulk deletion job. The process to do this is outlined below.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/delete-bulk-records

If it's just a few hundred or less of one specific table, you can do this in the PowerApps maker portal (make powerapps.com).

• Select your environment
  • Navigate to tables, then select your specific table.
  • Go to the data tab. 
  • Change the view to the one you've mentioned. 
  • Select the radio button on the header row to select all records. 
  • Click delete records. 

If you are familiar with Advanced find, you can also select your table from there and the view you created and mass delete thay way too. 

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks so much @ChrisPiasecki 

Just to clarify, I couldn't find a way in a bulk deletion job (in Dynamics), to select a filtered view of my table. It seemed I could only accomplish basic matching eg. column name = value.

Is there a way to do a bulk deletion job for the records that match a filtered view of a table?

Also, when I navigate to the powerapps maker portal & the Data tab & view I need, I can't find a radio button on the header to select all records. Is there a way to select all records, instead of each one individually?

For reference, the last time I needed to delete the records in this view, I had 9,500 records, so yes, a large amount of data.

thx!

Hi @Medoomi,

Unfortunately you can't choose a view in bulk delete job, you have to replicate the same conditions that your view has.

Apologies, you are correct that the data tab in maker portal doesn't have a select all option. The equivalent would be using advanced find (click the gear > Advanced Settings > this opens legacy D365 interface and from there you can launch advanced find)

You can also look at the Bulk Delete Tool which is an Xrmtoolbox community plugin. It allows you to bulk delete based on views. 

---

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,157)