cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mvdb
Advocate I
Advocate I

Can I make only one single column editable in a view in model driven apps

I have a couple of views for my table, but in only two custom-views(which are shown as a subgrid in an other table's form) I want my users to be able to edit the values of only one column.

In the other views of that table I don't want my users to have editable grids at all.

How can I achieve this? Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DianaBirkelbach
Super User
Super User

Hi @mvdb , 

You could show the views with the ReadOnly Grid.

For the Subgrids that should be editable, you could customize the EditableGrid, and write some script to disable all other columns using GridCell.setDisabled(true).

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/developer/model-driven-apps/clientapi/reference/grids/gri...

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Diana

Kind regards,
Diana
----------
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
DianaBirkelbach
Super User
Super User

Hi @mvdb , 

You could show the views with the ReadOnly Grid.

For the Subgrids that should be editable, you could customize the EditableGrid, and write some script to disable all other columns using GridCell.setDisabled(true).

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/developer/model-driven-apps/clientapi/reference/grids/gri...

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Diana

Kind regards,
Diana
----------
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."
EricRegnier
Super User
Super User

Hi @mvdb,

To supplement on @DianaBirkelbach comments, yes it's possible as she mentioned with readonly and editable grids. but you don't necessarily need custom script to make the column readonly. You can possibly achieve it with business rules as entity scope.

Cheers

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,918)