cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mvdb
Advocate I
Advocate I

Can a form show a related table of a related table in a subgrid?

I have three tables: 'Files', 'Tasks' and 'Time registration'. Files to Tasks has a 1-to-many relation and Tasks and Time registration have a 1-to-many and Many-to-1 relation. In my File-form I already have a subgrid with a table of the related tasks, now I would like to have a subgrid in the Files-form to watch all the Time-registration records of the tasks that belong with a file. At first I thought it was because Tasks and Time Registration have a double relation. but my File-form already has a related subgrid of table it has a double relation with. Can someone help me out?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @mvdb ,

There are a couple options:

1. Add a redundant 1:N relationship, between Files and Time registration. In your relationship mapping between Tasks and Time Registration, add the File lookup so that it will auto-populate the same File. You'll need to take care to ensure the File lookup between related Tasks and Time Registration stay in sync.
  2. You can use deep queries via a View and modifying the FetchXML to add this linking. Refer to this article on how to do this.

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @mvdb ,

There are a couple options:

1. Add a redundant 1:N relationship, between Files and Time registration. In your relationship mapping between Tasks and Time Registration, add the File lookup so that it will auto-populate the same File. You'll need to take care to ensure the File lookup between related Tasks and Time Registration stay in sync.
  2. You can use deep queries via a View and modifying the FetchXML to add this linking. Refer to this article on how to do this.

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (3,145)