cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mvdb
Advocate I
Advocate I

Can a form show a related table of a related table in a subgrid?

I have three tables: 'Files', 'Tasks' and 'Time registration'. Files to Tasks has a 1-to-many relation and Tasks and Time registration have a 1-to-many and Many-to-1 relation. In my File-form I already have a subgrid with a table of the related tasks, now I would like to have a subgrid in the Files-form to watch all the Time-registration records of the tasks that belong with a file. At first I thought it was because Tasks and Time Registration have a double relation. but my File-form already has a related subgrid of table it has a double relation with. Can someone help me out?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @mvdb ,

There are a couple options:

1. Add a redundant 1:N relationship, between Files and Time registration. In your relationship mapping between Tasks and Time Registration, add the File lookup so that it will auto-populate the same File. You'll need to take care to ensure the File lookup between related Tasks and Time Registration stay in sync.
  2. You can use deep queries via a View and modifying the FetchXML to add this linking. Refer to this article on how to do this.

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @mvdb ,

There are a couple options:

1. Add a redundant 1:N relationship, between Files and Time registration. In your relationship mapping between Tasks and Time Registration, add the File lookup so that it will auto-populate the same File. You'll need to take care to ensure the File lookup between related Tasks and Time Registration stay in sync.
  2. You can use deep queries via a View and modifying the FetchXML to add this linking. Refer to this article on how to do this.

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Carousel_PP_768x460_Wave2 (1).png

2022 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2022 through March 2023.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (4,640)