Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper III
Helper III

Can modifying a table break a flow?



I have a table named msdyn_workorders". Yesterday I added a new column called "SSID" and then used the forms button to edit a form, adding the new field on the form. Today I have been unable to have a flow that approves work orders run, it says:


//The caller object id is 'b9e1e28d-9968-4349-87a0-aebdcf4c24e6'. Connection '/providers/Microsoft.PowerApps/apis/shared_pdf-5f05fa7845000b881e-5fee2b942c3a7ab724/connections/7f86656c-d560-4658-a49d-1bc6-f68a3de5' to 'shared_pdf-5f05fa7845000b881e-5fee2b942c3a7ab724' cannot be used to activate this flow, either because this is not a valid connection or because it is not a connection you have access permission for. Either replace the connection with a valid connection you can access or have the connection owner activate the flow, so the connection is shared with you in the context of this flow.//


The flow cannot be edited either, when you try to edit it, it just seems like the editing page will load, but never does. So I thought maybe I should just recreate the flow. I went to power automate and selected "create" then "instant cloud flow" then "powerapps" as the trigger(same as the current one) and the flow creation page opened up. I then looked at a run of the old flow and saw the next step was to "Get row by ID", which I did, then the next step was to select a table, but when I type "msyn_workorders" which the old flow has as the field for the table, I don't see it in the new flow.


Now, this flow is failing in a step way past this one, so I'm not sure if it's even related, but I should be able to see the table, no? My question is, with that small change that I did yesterday in the work order table and then the form, could I have broken something? Should I undo it? I really don't get how this works. When I go to dataverse and then tables, the msdyn_workorders table is there amongst all the other ones, so I don't get it.








EDIT: Nevermind, I can just type the table name in and press "enter" and it'll fill in fine. So I guess that's not the problem then, it's not missing or whatever. Can adding that new "SSID" column and modifying the workorder form with a new field still have caused the overall issue I'm facing though?


Super User
Super User

Hi @zerou 


Can you please check your security role, if you are having proper permission to the security role then you will have access to the respective table.

Hi. I have the proper permissions, it *seems* to be working now though. Thank you.

Helpful resources

Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,307)