cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FacundoGorla
Resolver II
Resolver II

Can't use specific column of a relationship between two tables from dataverse in an App

Hi! sorry if the title isn't clear. Here's the scenario:
I have 3 tables: People, Institution and Planification.
The relations are: Institution 1 -- * People 1--* Planification
(one to many from Institution to People and one to many from People to Planification)
And I need to show in my gallery all Planification of People from certain Institution.
BUT if I use this code to filter It doesn't work:

Filter(Planification, People.Institution.Name = "X")

Is there any way to achieve this? I REALLY don't want to create a relationship between Planification and Institution since both are related to People and I though that would be enough
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @FacundoGorla ,

You should be able in Dataverse to create a View to make this easier on yourself.  The View on Plantification can set the Person on it since this is already a lookup on the Plantification table and you can also look at "Related" in setting up the view and then add the Institution to the view as well.

Following approach above you will have a View on your Plantifications that will contain the Institution, Person, and the Plantification fields to easily filter.

Hope this helps. Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.
Thanks,
Drew

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @FacundoGorla ,

You should be able in Dataverse to create a View to make this easier on yourself.  The View on Plantification can set the Person on it since this is already a lookup on the Plantification table and you can also look at "Related" in setting up the view and then add the Institution to the view as well.

Following approach above you will have a View on your Plantifications that will contain the Institution, Person, and the Plantification fields to easily filter.

Hope this helps. Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.
Thanks,
Drew

Thanks! I was able to filter that way in the view and then use the view in my canvas app.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Government Carousel

New forum: GCC, GCCH, DoD - Federal App Makers (FAM)

In response to the unique and evolving requirements of the United States public sector, Microsoft has created Power Apps US Government.

Users online (2,179)