Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Cannot Re-Size Sub Grid in Model Driven App

Hi, I am building Model Driven App in CDS

I have placed a sub-grid on a form but would like to re-size it so by default it shows more blank real estate even if there are no records in the child table, but as a minimum safely show many of the records in the child table.  As you can see from screenprint it is obscuring the last record.

Is it because I have made it an editable grid, and it has added elements such as the Grouping, and the bar at the bottom?

I have gone into classic view and found formatting (screenprint), increasing the number of rows to 8 but it didn't seem to change the outcome.

Thanks

Ged

Format.PNGCapture5.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Doh!
In that case, I would remove the subgrid. Save, publish, and close the form editor. Open it again, and create the subgrid again.
The only thing I can guess is that something else is set/was set on the grid and is now saved in the Xml. Did you do use CDS form editor, or classic?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User II
Super User II

What you have done appears to be correct.

Have you saved and published the changes? Perhaps CTRL+F5 on your app's tab to force a cache refresh.

Additionally, your screenshots are obscured, but it may be cut off because the form itself is taller than the visible space on the form (per your browser/screen resolution).

Meaning, if you moved that section to the top of the tab, it should enforce the 8 row sizing.

Highlighted

Thanks @GarethPrisk 

I think I have tried all of those things..no luck

Capture.PNG

Highlighted

Doh!
In that case, I would remove the subgrid. Save, publish, and close the form editor. Open it again, and create the subgrid again.
The only thing I can guess is that something else is set/was set on the grid and is now saved in the Xml. Did you do use CDS form editor, or classic?

View solution in original post

Highlighted

@GarethPrisk 

great..thats exactly what I did and it seemed to work...many thanks!

Ged

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Users online (7,775)