cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Teresa24486
Helper V
Helper V

Cannot find Reporting or Tools option for D365 reports and Backup option is missing in my instances.

Cannot find Reporting or Tools option for D365 reports(Model driven app) and Backup option is missing in my instances.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Backups are only available on Production, Teams and Sandbox type of environments, not on trials (not sure about Developer type).

Are you trying to build SSRS reports with Dataverse (CDS)? If your report requirements are simple might be worth looking out-of-the-box with Excel or Word: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/analyze-your-data-with-excel-templates

Cheers

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jlindstrom
Super User
Super User

are you talking about d365 ce? the reporting tools are downloadable here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=50375. They are installed on a computer with SQL reporting tools, allowing you to create reports for your model-driven app.

when you say you can't find reporting or tools options, what do you mean?

Backup is now at the power platform admin center aka.ms/ppac. Select your environment and click backup.

By any chance did your environment get upgraded to unified interface? if it did and you can't find the settings area, you can go to the gear in the upper right corner, click advanced settings, and then you will be back in the classic settings.

hi,

There has never been any backup option in our environments; all i see is this one:

Teresa24486_0-1606026730992.png

Backup option is available only on the Production environment?We are using Default instance and do not have a Production instance yet. Strange though ! 

I am still checking on SQL reporting tools.. trying to install on visual studio.

Backups are only available on Production, Teams and Sandbox type of environments, not on trials (not sure about Developer type).

Are you trying to build SSRS reports with Dataverse (CDS)? If your report requirements are simple might be worth looking out-of-the-box with Excel or Word: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/analyze-your-data-with-excel-templates

Cheers

View solution in original post

Yes, my current reports would be simple. I am keeping the option of SSRS reporting open since I had seen the Run report option on the ribbon; probably requirements might come up in the near future. I am already using excel report templates.

And yes you are right, Backup could only be available on Production; I dont see it on any other instances types.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (63,547)