cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrew260z1
Helper II
Helper II

Cannot find note attachment data

I'm fairly new to working with Dataverse, and have enabled attachments for certain tables in the environment. I am now looking to remove all file attachments from these tables. I've looked at articles online indicating that i need to search the Notes using Advanced Find but it keeps coming up empty each time i try various ways to search this. I'm also trying a power automate flow to try identify a list of notes associated with the table; I know for a fact I have attachments in the table and can open those files etc.. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @Andrew260z1 ,

Sorry, I misunderstood.  I thought you were trying to just remove the attachment but keep the notes.  Are you trying to remove Note and the attachment that goes with it?  

Here is what I would normally do for this:

1.  Go into https://admin.powerplatform.com

2.  Go to your environment and then settings

3.  Open Data Management and then get to "Bulk Delete"

4.  Define criteria to delete your Notes

dpoggemann_1-1649850497045.png

Preview for my test:

dpoggemann_0-1649850458957.png

dpoggemann_2-1649850715173.png

Ran this job and received the following (deleting both notes - including the attachment):

dpoggemann_3-1649850836246.png

Of course you can set this up on a schedule as well if desired...

Hope this helps. Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.
Thanks,
Drew

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @Andrew260z1 ,

Check out this article to assist with this effort:  https://d365demystified.com/2022/01/18/remove-attachments-from-dynamics-365-crm-notes-using-power-au... 

Hope this helps. Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.
Thanks,
Drew
Andrew260z1
Helper II
Helper II

Thanks for the link but it, unfortunately, didn't help, i see this article only 'null's' the 'note' and doesn't actually delete it. I am interested in the actual deletion of the data in the Notes / File Attachments. I did actually try nulling the value but it didn't clear the links. So I want to match the attachment against the related table to the Notes table is that right?

dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @Andrew260z1 ,

Sorry, I misunderstood.  I thought you were trying to just remove the attachment but keep the notes.  Are you trying to remove Note and the attachment that goes with it?  

Here is what I would normally do for this:

1.  Go into https://admin.powerplatform.com

2.  Go to your environment and then settings

3.  Open Data Management and then get to "Bulk Delete"

4.  Define criteria to delete your Notes

dpoggemann_1-1649850497045.png

Preview for my test:

dpoggemann_0-1649850458957.png

dpoggemann_2-1649850715173.png

Ran this job and received the following (deleting both notes - including the attachment):

dpoggemann_3-1649850836246.png

Of course you can set this up on a schedule as well if desired...

Thanks,
Drew
Andrew260z1
Helper II
Helper II

Drew - appreciate this but I suspect there is something else going on perhaps that might be managed by my org policies as when i try to search for bulk notes and do the deletion it returns 0 results.. so i'm going to get in contact with the administrators and go from there. Would policies perhaps prevent me from being able to do so? Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (3,953)