cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VictorTek
Frequent Visitor

Cannot see lookup columns in dataverse dataflow import.

I am trying to create a data flow that imports two tables, TestHeaders, and TestInstances. There are only two columns in each table, TestHeaders has TestOrderID and Data. TestInstances has InstanceID and LookUpColumn which looks up the TestOrderID column of the TestHeaders table. 

Even after setting up keys Key_order_Id in TestHeaders Table

and key_Instance_Id in TestInstances Table,

VictorTek_2-1659982398390.png

I am not able to map the lookup column in the data flow.

VictorTek_3-1659982696833.pngVictorTek_4-1659982825027.png

Can someone suggest how can I map the lookup column in the data flow? Any help will be highly appreciated. 

I am using Odata as the data source.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

@VictorTek, This might be one of the Odata connector issues, have you though of using the Microsoft Data Migration Utility? Check out this tutorial >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thK99oFdCmQ

Regards,

Ahmed

If my reply helped you, please give a 👍. And if it has solved your issue, please consider a 👍 & Accepting it as the Solution to help other members of the community find it more.

My Blog: www.powerplatformplace.com

View solution in original post

SBax
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

My suggestion would be to use the Microsoft Data Migration tool

As @AhmedSalih mentioned, this is the preferred approach, I've used it many times in the past, it's a great tool, and can easily handle relationships/lookups 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
SBax
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Please refer to this blog post from Hamish Shield that discusses mapping to Dataverse lookup columns 

VictorTek
Frequent Visitor

Hi @SBax, Thanks for the reply. I have tried that already. Adding alternate keys is not helping at all. Do you see something that could be making this a different scenario? e.g. the column that is being looked up is a primary key and an Autonumber column. In the power query, I can see the LookUpColumn but the values are records instead of a number.

VictorTek_0-1659989935968.png

SBax
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@VictorTek I'm afraid I don't have any further advice, sorry

AhmedSalih
Super User
Super User

@VictorTek, What is your Data Source? (Where are you loading data from?)

Regards,

Ahmed

If my reply helped you, please give a 👍. And if it has solved your issue, please consider a 👍 & Accepting it as the Solution to help other members of the community find it more.

HI, @AhmedSalih I am bringing it from DataVerse tables. But I am using OData Connector because I don't have admin permissions to bring from the Dataverse connector.

SBax
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@VictorTek Can you clarify your rationale behind using a Dataflow to transfer data between 2 Dataverse tables as opposed to OOTB data import tools or something like flow?

Are the tables in different environments? 

VictorTek
Frequent Visitor

@SBax I am using the other environment for testing purposes. Yes, I am trying to import data from one environment to another using a dataflow. Also, these are just dummy tables for simplification. I have the same problem with bigger, complex tables which I intend to use.

@VictorTek, This might be one of the Odata connector issues, have you though of using the Microsoft Data Migration Utility? Check out this tutorial >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thK99oFdCmQ

Regards,

Ahmed

SBax
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

My suggestion would be to use the Microsoft Data Migration tool

As @AhmedSalih mentioned, this is the preferred approach, I've used it many times in the past, it's a great tool, and can easily handle relationships/lookups 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Government Carousel

New forum: GCC, GCCH, DoD - Federal App Makers (FAM)

In response to the unique and evolving requirements of the United States public sector, Microsoft has created Power Apps US Government.

Users online (2,030)