cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SteveWWHA
Frequent Visitor

Canvas App List All Dataverse Tables

Hi All

I'm looking to create an app that will display me a list of all the dataverse tables in my environment, the number of rows and the most recent date it was created. I can connect to data using a Gallery but it then asks if i can select a table.

ideally, i want to display all the tables with the information i need. Is this possible?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Happy to help. Please mark the answer if this answers it for you so others can find this post as Solved.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
cchannon
Super User
Super User

Yes, but...

The Dataverse WebAPI does provide an endpoint that elaborates the metadata of all tables ({rooturl}/api/data/v9.0/EntityDefinitions), but it will give you a HUGE volume of data, of which you're only interested in the logicalnames / displaynames AND it will not give you counts in that call, you will need to make subsequent calls for each table to get those counts and there are a lot of OOB tables in Dataverse. Offhand I would guess that depending on volume and extent of your customizations you could be looking at 1k-2k service calls to be able to display this.

So, possible, but it won't be fun.

No worries

Had a feeling this might be the case, thanks for letting me know

Happy to help. Please mark the answer if this answers it for you so others can find this post as Solved.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Power Apps Community Call Jan. 2022 768x460.png

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, January 19th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Users online (551)