cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
_wdsos
Frequent Visitor

Change Dataverse Search View of the Results in the Dropdown List

I would like to change the sub field which is displayed as the second field beneath the main one. For example, if I search in the entity "Account", the first field which is displayed is the account name (that's good) but the second field changes from address 1: city field to email field. Where can I configure so a custom field is displayed always as the second one?

snap-dataverse-search.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @_wdsos ,

The configuration is based on the "Quick Find View" for the entity.  You can configure this to achieve your results and change what is displayed.  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-apps/user/relevance-search#inline-suggestions 

Hope this helps. Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.
Thanks,
Drew

That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks

But it doesn't exactly work in my case. Is there a limitation on which field types can be used? I want to display the field "customertypecode" which is a standard option field. I changed the quick find view so it's the second column behinde the primary field. But if I use the search it is not displayed.

dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @_wdsos ,

Couple thoughts here...  

1.  Make sure you publish customizations

2.  Give some time for the index to rebuild, to verify this might be an issue, change to a normal address column like Address 2 and see if that is showing vs. field you are trying to show.  If it is updated immediately then there might be something else going on, otherwise it should rebuild (not sure schedule).

Hope this helps. Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.
Thanks,
Drew
_wdsos
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the tip with the index to rebuild, but the problem still remains. I tried it with a different OOTB field (address 1: zip/postalcode), with which it works after 30 minutes waiting so that the index refreshes. If I try the same with an optionset field it doesn't work. Even after 1h of waiting the index does not list that field.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (3,849)