Advocate III

Changing the BU of a User throws error

Version 1612 (9.0.2.193) (DB 9.0.2.189) online

Steps to reproduce:

1. Go to a User record
  2. Click Change Business Unit
  3. If needed create a new BU and select it
  4. Following error is thrown:

Unhandled Exception: System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[[Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.OrganizationServiceFault, Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35]]: System.Web.HttpUnhandledException (0x80004005): Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. ---> Microsoft.Crm.CrmException: The entity with a name = 'Resource' with namemapping = 'Platform' was not found in the MetadataCache. MetadataCacheDetails: ProviderType=Dynamic, StandardCache=True, IsLoadedInStagedContext = False, Timestamp=521000, MinActiveRowVersion=521000
       at Microsoft.Crm.Dialogs.ChangeOrgDialogPage.ConfigureForm()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppUIPage.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppPage.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStepImpl(IExecutionStep step)
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously): Microsoft Dynamics CRM has experienced an error. Reference number for administrators or support: #F0F79CAFDetail:
    <OrganizationServiceFault xmlns:i="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/xrm/2011/Contracts">
      <ActivityId>bc9962e5-0ba7-47c4-9994-0917a13ee6d7</ActivityId>
      <ErrorCode>-2147220970</ErrorCode>
      <ErrorDetails xmlns:d2p1="http://schemas.datacontract.org/2004/07/System.Collections.Generic" />
      <Message>System.Web.HttpUnhandledException (0x80004005): Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. ---&gt; Microsoft.Crm.CrmException: The entity with a name = 'Resource' with namemapping = 'Platform' was not found in the MetadataCache. MetadataCacheDetails: ProviderType=Dynamic, StandardCache=True, IsLoadedInStagedContext = False, Timestamp=521000, MinActiveRowVersion=521000
       at Microsoft.Crm.Dialogs.ChangeOrgDialogPage.ConfigureForm()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppUIPage.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppPage.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStepImpl(IExecutionStep step)
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean&amp; completedSynchronously): Microsoft Dynamics CRM has experienced an error. Reference number for administrators or support: #F0F79CAF</Message>
      <Timestamp>2018-05-28T14:17:42.1961301Z</Timestamp>
      <ExceptionRetriable>false</ExceptionRetriable>
      <ExceptionSource i:nil="true" />
      <InnerFault>
        <ActivityId>bc9962e5-0ba7-47c4-9994-0917a13ee6d7</ActivityId>
        <ErrorCode>-2147217150</ErrorCode>
        <ErrorDetails xmlns:d3p1="http://schemas.datacontract.org/2004/07/System.Collections.Generic" />
        <Message>The entity with a name = 'Resource' with namemapping = 'Platform' was not found in the MetadataCache. MetadataCacheDetails: ProviderType=Dynamic, StandardCache=True, IsLoadedInStagedContext = False, Timestamp=521000, MinActiveRowVersion=521000</Message>
        <Timestamp>2018-05-28T14:17:42.1961301Z</Timestamp>
        <ExceptionRetriable>false</ExceptionRetriable>
        <ExceptionSource i:nil="true" />
        <InnerFault i:nil="true" />
        <OriginalException i:nil="true" />
        <TraceText i:nil="true" />
      </InnerFault>
      <OriginalException i:nil="true" />
      <TraceText i:nil="true" />
    </OrganizationServiceFault>

This is because the Resource entity is not present in CDS (correct) and that the change BU code is referring to it (bug).

2 REPLIES 2
CWesener
Power Apps
Power Apps

This appears to be a duplicate post - can you please confirm?

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Common-Data-Service-for-Apps/Changing-a-User-s-Business-Unit-fai...

Thanks,
Clay.

Correct. It is a duplicate. My first Post got an error, but it seems it did get through. Please delete this thread. Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Users online (44,896)