Arioule
Helper III
Helper III

Chart and Many to Many Relationship

Hi,

I have created 3 entities : Project, Consultant and ProjetConsultant

The Project Entity properties :  Name, Start Date, End Date

The Consultant Entity Properties : Name

The ProjetConsultant Entity Properties : Name, Name (from the Projet Entity), Name (from the consultant Entity)

There is a Many to One Relationship between ProjectConsultant and Project Entities.

There is a Many to One Relationship between ProjectConsultant and Consultant Entities.

Therefore, there is a Many to Many Relationship between Project and Consultant Entities.

I would like to create a Project Entity Chart which will display the number of project for each consultant based on the Ongoing Project View (already created).

How can I achieve this ?

Thanks,

Arioule

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
jlindstrom
Super User
Super User

You aren't going to be able to build this chart from the project entity because project consultants are a 1:N relationship with project, and you can't include :N fields in a 1: view.

What you need to do is build your chart at the joiner level (project consultants). Create a view that includes fields from project and consultant, then use that as the basis of your chart.

You can then add the chart to a dashboard along with project level detail.

View solution in original post

jlindstrom
Super User
Super User

@Arioule  I made a video showing you how this works. https://youtu.be/285dynzFl1M

3 REPLIES 3
jlindstrom
Super User
Super User

You aren't going to be able to build this chart from the project entity because project consultants are a 1:N relationship with project, and you can't include :N fields in a 1: view.

What you need to do is build your chart at the joiner level (project consultants). Create a view that includes fields from project and consultant, then use that as the basis of your chart.

You can then add the chart to a dashboard along with project level detail.

jlindstrom
Super User
Super User

@Arioule  I made a video showing you how this works. https://youtu.be/285dynzFl1M

Thanks a lot for your help

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Users online (62,938)