Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Axal
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Check a table in CDS have attachment

Hi guys,

In CDS, where exactly the attachment saved ? and if I have a gallery contains my table which I've some attachment in it, how to check a records (row) has attachment or not ? In that gallery I want to put some icon for indication attachments exists.

Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@Axal 

For attachments on your table are you using notes? or the  Field control File?

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here

Hi @Mira_Ghaly 

Yes, I'm using Notes.

Thanks,

ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @Axal,

The Notes table has an Is Document column which is a Yes/No (boolean), which will indicate if the note has an attachment.

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

Hi @ChrisPiasecki ,

I'm sorry, may I know how to use it? I had an icon in my Gallery to identify whether my record has attachment or not and I'm trying this in its Visible property :

If(
    ThisItem.Notes.'Is Document' = true,
    true, false
)

The intention is, if there is attachment, the icon will show else it is hidden. But seems wrong. It looks like the return of "ThisItem.Notes.'Is Document'" is a table. 

Beside that I also want to add another label right beside the icon, for the count of the attachments. 

Thanks

Hi @Axal,

Yes thats correct your selected item will have a collection of notes. You can use the CountIf function to determine if there are any Note records where IsAttachment is true. You can use the Count function to determine the total number of Note records for your selected item.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-table-counts

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,377)