cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sakura
Helper II
Helper II

Clear a large table in Dataverse for Teams

My Power App is made in Teams and uses Dataverse for Teams.

The app uses a Power Automate flow to add a row to a table. During testing, I unintentionally kept adding rows to a table which now has +5000 rows. It doesn't say how many exactly.

I want to clear the table so that all rows are deleted. How can I do this easily without manually selecting rows or holding shift? There is no 'clear table' button. Due to the amount of rows, a flow also doesn't seem to work. I prefer not to delete the table entirely, because I may have to redo some fields / formulas in my app.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Sakura l,

I'm your tables list under Build, hover over the 3 ellipses next to your table name and then select Edit in Excel.

More info here.

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @Sakura,

Unfortunately with Dataverse for Teams you don't get access to Bulk Deletion features that are available in the full Dataverse. You'll have to use the Edit in Excel feature to quickly select all the rows and delete, then publish.

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

Sakura
Helper II
Helper II

@ChrisPiasecki 

Thank you for that quick reply. I may be mistaken, but the Edit in Excel feature doesn't seem to be available in Dataverse for Teams. At least not in the place where I usually find it in the normal Dataverse.

Hi @Sakura l,

I'm your tables list under Build, hover over the 3 ellipses next to your table name and then select Edit in Excel.

More info here.

---

View solution in original post

Sakura
Helper II
Helper II

@ChrisPiasecki  I cannot thank you enough. Unbelievable I never looked there. You saved me a ton of time. Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,027)