cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tkomar1
Frequent Visitor

Combobox selected item not working?

I must be missing something simple.  I've got cmbstaffname.items set to tblStaffDefaults. I've then got a gallery underneath that I'm wanting to filter the information by the name chosen.  That gallery is showing data from tblTimeSheetTracker with the relationship tblTimeSheetTracker.StaffName = tblStaffDefaults.Name.  I can't get my filter to work.  I popped in a text box to display cmbstaffname.Selected.Name and it comes up blank even thought there is a name currently showing in the combobox.  Then I tried with a collection to collect the record in the combobox "on change".  It's also blank. ".Selected" doesn't seem to work?

I'm 99% sure this filter was working last week and the only change I made was to create a new app that references the same tables.  I've confirmed the records I want to see are still there so I have no idea what's happening.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
_Corey_
Power Apps
Power Apps

An update is currently being deployed to all regions to address this issue and in some cases has already completed.  

Depending on your region, the following versions (or later) contain the fix:

You will need to edit, save, and re-publish your app(s) for the fix to take effect.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @tkomar1 ,

It is probably stating the obvious that from your description, the below should be the Items of your Gallery

Filter(
   tblTimeSheetTracker,
   StaffName=cmbstaffname.Selected.Name
)

but you are saying that the output of the combo box, although valid (the formula does not produce any errors) does not produce any result? My first question is what type of field is Name (which is not a good title for a field as it is a Reserved Word in Power Apps.

Hi.  Thanks for your response.  The gallery works when I don't reference the combobox.selected.  For instance, I just put in a staff name in quotations instead of cmbstaffname.Selected.Name and that works.  The ".Selected" is giving no data as seen below and I don't understand why.  

tkomar1_0-1623007595873.png

I had published a draft of the app that last week and this was working.  When I open up that app now thought I get this error once I make a selection in the ComboBox

tkomar1_1-1623007736397.png

I am using Dataverse tables which automatically create that "Name" column.  I'd never thought of renaming it before and just worked with it in the past but you're probably right, renaming it would be helpful.

Hi @tkomar1 ,

You did not mention this was DataVerse what exactly is in the Name column that it creates and what type of field is it?

I renamed the .Name field in the tblStaffDefaults to StaffNameDefaults.  It is a Text field as that is what that column creates at when you create the table.

The combobox will show the information in tblStaffDefaults, but when I click on one of the names, the information doesn't seem to show when I reference ".Selected" for the Combobox.  Not in a text box (.Selected.StaffNameDefaults) and not in a Collection where I'm collecting the whole record for the .Selected of the ComboBox.  I tried adding to another combobox and same issue.  I also tried removing the table and it auto re-adds since it's referenced in the app.

MarkCherry
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi @tkomar1,

I think this is the same issue that I am seeing. I just created a post about it before I found your post.

Sorry, no solution yet but I just wanted to cross reference the posts to see if you agree that it is the same problem.

Regards,

Mark

_Corey_
Power Apps
Power Apps

@tkomar1 @WarrenBelz @MarkCherry 

We have identified the issue and are currently working on a fix.  I'll update this thread again when we have an estimated deployment schedule.

_Corey_
Power Apps
Power Apps

An update is currently being deployed to all regions to address this issue and in some cases has already completed.  

Depending on your region, the following versions (or later) contain the fix:

You will need to edit, save, and re-publish your app(s) for the fix to take effect.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (3,897)