cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChannelDevMike
Resolver I
Resolver I

Confused on how to make calculated field or rollup field work and dealing with hierarchy's

What I am looking to do:

Have an opportunity that I can attach quotes to. These quotes will include products. Quote product must be made to keep track of products related to a quote, this will include quantity, discount and anything else that product will have based on the quote. 

So I have one Opportunity to many Quotes. One Quote to many quote products.  Products will be its own unrelated table as we just need the list price from it.

So when a quote is made, the client will be adding quote products to it. Like this

ChannelDevMike_1-1664381057098.png

A quote will have many of these products together like this:

ChannelDevMike_2-1664381127416.png

Once the client has put in all the required products for this quote.. it will need to be added up for the quote entity.

So in this case, it would be the list prices added up for now.  So how would I get $25+$6 to show up on a quote field?

My problem is that I have no clue on how to accomplish this. I tried using a rollup with making a referential relationship between quote and quote product. But no field from quote product will populate. I then switched it to parental.. but the hierarchy was still 'no'. And didn't give me any different results. I tried to make a hierarchy but got an error:

ChannelDevMike_3-1664381639471.png

I got error with this:

ChannelDevMike_4-1664381672717.png

So it seems like the "related entity" has to also be "Custom Quote". But if I do that.. how does custom quote product come in? So confused on how to get this to work.. doesn't seem like all these hoops should be needed here.

Help would be very much appreciated!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
1 REPLY 1

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Users online (5,090)