- Name (string)

Table 3 employees:

- Name (string)

Query:

<fetch top="50" >
  <entity name="table1" >
    <all-attributes/>
    <filter>
      <condition attribute="cr847_p_auftragid" operator="eq" value="68d81326-f939-eb11-a813-0022480691de" />
    </filter>
    <link-entity name="cr847_company" from="cr847_companyid" to="cr847_company" />
    <link-entity name="cr847_employe" from="cr847_employeid" to="cr847_employe" />
  </entity>
</fetch>

When employe or company is not set, I didnt get null results.

Is there an option to get results, when employe or company not set?

Thanks,

AndKan.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @AndKanPA,

If I understand your question correctly, you are asking whether you can return records from Table 1 (Computers) even when the Employee or Company Lookup is null?

You can add the link-type="outer" attribute to the Employee and Company link-entity elements. This is the equivalent of a left outer join in SQL. 

Reference with examples at the link below.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/developer/common-data-service/use-fetchxml-left-outer-joi...

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @AndKanPA,

If I understand your question correctly, you are asking whether you can return records from Table 1 (Computers) even when the Employee or Company Lookup is null?

You can add the link-type="outer" attribute to the Employee and Company link-entity elements. This is the equivalent of a left outer join in SQL. 

Reference with examples at the link below.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/developer/common-data-service/use-fetchxml-left-outer-joi...

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (3,075)