Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KvD1995
Helper I
Helper I

Connect Model Driven App User to Azure Active Directory

Hi, 

I've created a model driven app with the entity project and user.

How can I connect all the users of the active directory of my organization to the model driven app? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @KvD1995,

Yes, you should look at setting up a Sandbox and Production environments for the application.  Default environment has limitations (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/environments-overview#the-default-environment).  

You will be able to configure the security group on these environments.

Thanks much,

Drew

Hope this helps. Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @KvD1995,

You'll need to ensure the following for your users:

• Be assigned a Power Apps Per user or Per App license
  • If your environment has an Azure Active Directory Security group associated with it, then you must ensure all your users are member of that Azure AD group. If there is no security group associated, then all licensed users will be automatically added into the environment.
  • Assign the appropriate Security Roles in your Dataverse environment where the app resides. Ensure the security role has permissions to the Project and User table.

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

Hi @ChrisPiasecki,

thanks for your answer. Could you give me some more information, how the configuration in detail works?

Thanks.

dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @KvD1995 ,

Here are the details on setting up the security group, assigning users and licenses etc.  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/control-user-access

Hope this helps.  Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in some way.

Thanks,

Drew

Hope this helps. Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.

Hi @dpoggemann,

thanks for you help.
I just want to look up all users of my Azure Active Directory in a field of my model driven app. Now I just can look up a few users. Are all of the steps of your link required, to solve this problem?

dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @KvD1995 ,

Model Apps will utilize the systemusers table and this is populated through the integration with Azure Active Directory and if you use the security mapping as described above and all the users are in this security group then it should accomplish your desired outcome.

Thanks,

Drew

ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @KvD1995,

Note that it could take several hours to sync all users into your environment, depending on the size of your Azure AD.

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

Hi @dpoggemann,

the app is running in the default environment.
I can't add a security group in the power platform admin center to our default environment. 

Does it just works with a new environment and the Power Apps Per user or Per App license?

Thanks.

dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @KvD1995,

Yes, you should look at setting up a Sandbox and Production environments for the application.  Default environment has limitations (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/environments-overview#the-default-environment).  

You will be able to configure the security group on these environments.

Thanks much,

Drew

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (3,529)