Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattbell
Advocate I
Advocate I

Connection resets when creating environment variable

Hi

When I create a data source environment variable, I select Account 2 as the connection.  I am then presented with 3 sites which that account has access to, of which I select one for the current site value.

It saves fine, but when I go back in to edit I am presented with an error message "We are unable to find the site. Please try selecting a site address from the dropdown or use a different connection.", and the connection is now using Account 1 (which doesn't have access to the site previously selected for current site value.

If it's relevant, Account 1 appears first in the list of connections.

I have tried this in a different solution, different environment, tried creating the environment variable automatically in a canvas app, recreated the connection which uses Account 2.  All experienced the same problem.

Please can anyone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi

Kind of.  It appears to be a user interface bug because the environment variables actually work; editing them has the bug.  Try creating the EV, then use it in an application to see if it works.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Rigsby
Regular Visitor

I have the same issue. Any solution found?

Hi

Kind of.  It appears to be a user interface bug because the environment variables actually work; editing them has the bug.  Try creating the EV, then use it in an application to see if it works.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,928)