cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmahrous
Regular Visitor

Converting Sharepoint Lists to Dataverse

Hi,

So I have over 24 Sharepoint lists and a lot of them have lookup columns/ relationships among each other. I'm looking for a guide on the best way to convert this data into Dataverse. 

Currently I've converted the Sharepoint lists to excel and then imported them via dataverse get data option. Although it didn't capture the relationships and converted the lookup columns into text. 

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
happyume
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

You can use dataflows to import List structure and associated data from SharePoint List into Dataverse.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/data-platform/create-and-use-dataflows

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up

Prakash4691
Super User
Super User

@mmahrous ,

Try OOB import wizard using zip in powerapps. Include multiple csv files in zip and make sure that should not exceed 32 mb. while data mapping, first map it to the table that doesn't have any relationship and for table with lookup map with any of the column(unique identifier or title column) from above mapping. So while importing it imports with related record.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/user/import-data

ok, I'll check it out

Joseph_Nasr
Helper I
Helper I

Hello, I'm currently in the same situation. Did you manage to find a solution?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (4,934)