Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KSven
Advocate V
Advocate V

Copy Security Role | Environment Maker vs Copy of Environment Maker

Hi lovely community,

just have copied the security role "Environment Maker" to another security role "Copy of Environment Maker" for my dataverse.

I just wanted to test whether everything would be the same from the first time before I will start to customize priveleges of it.

KSven_0-1616516549854.png

Just have added one user to my "Copy of Environment Maker" security role and waited some time.

But this user is not able to access the environment. Even with the direct link to the environment its not working:

KSven_0-1616518355587.png

If I do it with the predefined "Environment Maker", he has access to the environment.

Haven't found any doc about copying security roles and if there would be some differences..

Does anybody know what a copy of security roles means? Should it works like the predefined role?

BR,

Sven

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @KSven,

Copying security roles should provide a like for like experience with access. However, I believe Environment Maker and Environment Admin are a special case as they are only relevant when the environment doesn't have a Dataverse database provisioned. I'm not entirely sure these 2 roles can be cloned exactly.

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @KSven,

Copying security roles should provide a like for like experience with access. However, I believe Environment Maker and Environment Admin are a special case as they are only relevant when the environment doesn't have a Dataverse database provisioned. I'm not entirely sure these 2 roles can be cloned exactly.

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Hi @ChrisPiasecki ,

thank you for your reply! Have now Environment Maker as role as it is and in addition 2 Dataverse Read roles for different groups. So it works like this. Thought I could create 2 Environment Maker rules with different database table priveleges..

So the copy action of security rules is little bit confusing if its not working exactly in the same way after copying.

BR,

Sven

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Power Apps Community Call Jan. 2022 768x460.png

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, January 19th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Users online (2,390)