Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sauravraj62
Microsoft
Microsoft

Cosmos DB connector to import Dataflows

Hello all,

I have an usecase for creating tables in dataverse from CosmosDB as data source.

Also need to refresh the content of table at some interval either manually or automatically.

Tried using dataflows but there's no connector for CosmosDB.

Can anyone please help me with this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @sauravraj62,

Yes unfortunately there is no connector in Dataflows for CosmosDB. Your alternatives for integrating with CosmosDB include:

• Power Automate - it provides a CosmosDB connector. You could use a scheduled flow to query all documents that were updated in an interval that matches your flow interval.
  • Azure Data Factory - similar to data flows but offer more capability to connect to custom data sources using low code or code. Here is a guide on how to get data out of CosmosDB.
  • Virtual table - you can use the CosmosDB data provider for Virtual Tables to view your CosmosDB data in Dataverse without having to bring in the data. Keep in mind this provider is still in public preview.

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @sauravraj62,

Yes unfortunately there is no connector in Dataflows for CosmosDB. Your alternatives for integrating with CosmosDB include:

• Power Automate - it provides a CosmosDB connector. You could use a scheduled flow to query all documents that were updated in an interval that matches your flow interval.
  • Azure Data Factory - similar to data flows but offer more capability to connect to custom data sources using low code or code. Here is a guide on how to get data out of CosmosDB.
  • Virtual table - you can use the CosmosDB data provider for Virtual Tables to view your CosmosDB data in Dataverse without having to bring in the data. Keep in mind this provider is still in public preview.

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (3,442)