Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Count from My View not showing correct in Canvas App

Hi Experts,

I have some counts I am displaying in a Canvas Power App in a chart and it is pulling the number of records from a "My" view in the Dataverse.  I am using this same view to show the records in a Gallery and it is showing only the user's correct records based on them being the owner.

The below count shows the total that are in the "Teacher Ready" status across all owners, not just the current user logged into the Canvas App.  What Am I doing wrong?  Example is this returns a value of 158 (which is total across all users where status is "Teacher Ready" and when I go into the Model App and look at this view there are 92, which is ones assigned to the current user.

CountIf(Filter(Registrations, 'Registrations (Views)'.'My Active Registrations'),'Status Reason'='Status Reason (Registrations)'.'Teacher Ready') 

Any help is appreciated, feels like a bug to me...

Thanks,

Drew

Hope this helps. Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.
Thanks,
Drew
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi Experts,

I updated to the following:  

CountRows(Filter(Registrations, 'Registrations (Views)'.'My Active Registrations','Status Reason'='Status Reason (Registrations)'.'Teacher Ready'))

and this is working but it says that CountRows will cache, I have not seen this in my case.  Every time I update and go back to the dashboard it updates the count as I would expect...

Marking complete.  If any feedback or other option, let me know.

Thanks,

Drew

Hope this helps. Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.
Thanks,
Drew

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi Experts,

I updated to the following:  

CountRows(Filter(Registrations, 'Registrations (Views)'.'My Active Registrations','Status Reason'='Status Reason (Registrations)'.'Teacher Ready'))

and this is working but it says that CountRows will cache, I have not seen this in my case.  Every time I update and go back to the dashboard it updates the count as I would expect...

Marking complete.  If any feedback or other option, let me know.

Thanks,

Drew

Thanks,
Drew

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (3,973)