cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TriWu
Regular Visitor

Create/Edit Records only with App but not in Maker Studio

I'm building an App, where it is crucial to disable the possibility for my users to add or edit a record through the Data tab in the PowerApp Maker Studio. But in my App the Users eventually need read/write permissions for the costum tables. Is there a way natively build in Dataverse to achieve this goal, or do I have to go the detour via edit and create my records with a flow and the "run as" properties ? 

2 REPLIES 2
dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @TriWu,

If you provide the role for the users to modify the data, they will be able to do through the Maker portal, through APIs, Advanced Find, Apps, etc.  The security is on the data management and you can control access to the data through the roles (read, write, create, etc.) and level of management (User, Business Unit, etc.). 

I think this is why it is not possible to stop them from the Maker portal because one way or another they can modify.

Hope this helps. Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.
Thanks,
Drew
Fubar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

If I am understanding the question correctly,  for the DataVerse environment (instance)

• Make sure the user does not have the following DataVerse Security Roles assigned
    • System Administrator
    • System Customizer
    • Environment Maker
  •  Is not assigned to the Environment as
    • Environment Maker
    • Environment Admin
  • Is not an Office 365 Global Administrator or similar high privilege O365 role

Some extra info https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/database-security#predefined-security-roles

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (1,680)