cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Create new custom Entity from JSON File

Hello, 

I need to create new custom entity in PowerApps through Json file. I am using MS Common data model Schema definition file as an input file. I am not able to create entity based on the CDM Json file (attached). 

It is considering the Json file in Row/Column format and generating different power query. I have to drill down upto attribute (only one attribute gets selected). 

Could you please help me in Json file folder through which I can create custom Entity? 

I have CDM in Json file format (attached). 

Capture2.PNG

Capture1.PNG

3 REPLIES 3

so you are trying to use the cdm json and create fields in the cds? it doesn't work that way.

CDS is Microsoft's implementation of the Common Data model. The CDM in github is a reference designed to allow others to apply the CDM to their custom databases, not designed to extend the cds.

If you want to make custom entities in CDS, use the standard approaches to add fields and entities in make.powerapps, or you can do it programmatically like this 

https://community.dynamics.com/crm/b/mscrmcustomization/posts/create-entity-and-bulk-attribute-with-...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the information. I have follow up question. Can you please share me sample Json file to import data to existing custom entity ? 

For Eg. My custom entity is CustomerV3

Fields are : Cust_ID, Customer_Name, Customer Add, Onboarding_Date, Email, TaxID

If you wish to import data to cds entity from Json, you can use a dataflow with the Json connector https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/common-data-service/create-and-use-dataflows

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Users online (1,461)