cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AkaMarkAylwyn
Regular Visitor

Critical Failure - Infrastructure Authentication Error with Dataverse / Environment

Hi there

We've just started to experience a critical failure authenticating to Dataverse or retrieving our environment details. It was not apparent c. 2 - 4 hours ago and is just now presenting (from c. 6am Sydney, Australia time).

I cannot lodge a support ticket.

When going into the PowerApps admin centre the environment cannot be retrieved (cf screenshot). The support ticket wizard starts, cannot list my environments, and then won't continue to the point I can subbmit as it's unable to locate a license / support contract. I suspect this is linked to the underlying issue...

We first noticed this when trying to navigate to our Datraverse entities and recieved a strange error citing a thumbprint issue with authentication to internal MSFT infrastructure (cf screenshot).

We're also getting a unexpected JSON error returned by the PowerApps dataverse tables page (cf screenshot).

We have tried to log out and log back in, in an attempt to reset authentication and clear any client-side cahed auth data / cookies etc.

Can someone from MSFT please urgently get in touch - we're currently working to an extremely tight deadline and this issue has halted all our development effort and presents a critical issue.

5 REPLIES 5
ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @AkaMarkAylwyn,

There seems to be a widespread issue with Azure Active Directory impacting authentication, and as a result lots of services seem to be impacted (I'm having issues with Power Platform and Teams personally).

Status page below:

Https://status.azure.com

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

hahamaximus

I'm experiencing the same thing. Thought it was something my business did with certificate stores, but seems like it's on the Microsoft end.

Thanks for the reply @ChrisPiasecki - I was trying to find the status page but didn't think to check Azure.

RiannG
Advocate II
Advocate II

Edited: I should have refreshed again before replying. Same info. 🙂

Fubar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

There is a Service Health Incident (if/when you can get in to be able to view it)

Users may be unable to access multiple Microsoft 365 services MO244568, Microsoft 365 suite, Last updated: March 16, 2021 8:19 AM Estimated start time: March 16, 2021 5:34 AM Status Restoring service User impact Users may be unable to access multiple Microsoft 365, Azure, and Dynamics 365 services. Are you experiencing this issue? Is this post helpful? Latest message View history Title: Users may be unable to access multiple Microsoft 365 services User Impact: Users may be unable to access multiple Microsoft 365 services. More info: Any service that leverages Azure Active Directory (AAD) may be affected. This includes but is not limited to Microsoft Teams, Forms, Exchange Online, Intune and Yammer. Admins may also be unable to access the Service Health Dashboard. Current status: We've identified the underlying cause of the problem and deployed an update to resolve the issue. The update has finished its deployment to all impacted regions. Microsoft 365 services continue the process of recovery and are showing decreasing error rates in telemetry. We’ll continue to monitor service health as availability is restored. Scope of impact: This issue could affect any user. Next update by: Tuesday, March 16, 2021, 9:00 AM (3/15/2021, 11:00 PM UTC)

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,290)