cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MatheusAntunes
Frequent Visitor

Custom Column added using Dataverse Power Query not showing on Dataverse Table

Hello folks, 

I have a situation where I imported a SharePoint folder using Data flow, and when creating the custom column at the first time the Dataverse table was being created, the custom column is added with no problems. After publishing the query, when I come back to the query editor and try to add a second custom column, it gives me no error, but the column does not appear on the Dataverse table. 

MatheusAntunes_0-1659180005094.png

"productStatus" is the custom column I created when the Dataverse table was created;

"test" is the second custom column I created after the Dataverse table was created;

"test" supposed to be populated with the data from "productStatus";

MatheusAntunes_1-1659180245186.png

MatheusAntunes_2-1659180277599.png

"test" is just referencing the column "productStatus" ( =[productStatus] ). Simple as that! It works on the query editor.

I imagine it could be related to the table schema/mapping. So I created a new column with the same name of the custom column and accessed the power query editor one more time. Right before publishing, I see the column I created, then I linked the custom column to the new column created on the Dataverse table. 

MatheusAntunes_4-1659180474125.png

Column "test" is mapped to the correct destination column.

The problem is that no matter how many times I refresh, publish, or save, the data in the custom column is not populating the column on the Dataverse table. 

MatheusAntunes_3-1659180364870.png

The advanced query editor is referencing the last column below "in." So, I don't think that's the issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MatheusAntunes
Frequent Visitor

Hello @AhmedSalih , 

I found the problem. The problem was that the table was still being processed. That's why it wasn't showing me anything because another process was still in progress.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AhmedSalih
Super User
Super User

Hello, @MatheusAntunes , what happens if you try to create a New Table instead of Loading the Data into existing one?

Regards,

Ahmed

If my reply helped you, please give a 👍. And if it has solved your issue, please consider a 👍 & Accepting it as the Solution to help other members of the community find it more.

My Blog: www.powerplatformplace.com

MatheusAntunes
Frequent Visitor

Hello @AhmedSalih , 

I found the problem. The problem was that the table was still being processed. That's why it wasn't showing me anything because another process was still in progress.

Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Government Carousel

New forum: GCC, GCCH, DoD - Federal App Makers (FAM)

In response to the unique and evolving requirements of the United States public sector, Microsoft has created Power Apps US Government.

Users online (2,002)