cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nikried
Frequent Visitor

Custom Connectors: Maximum allowed number of operations (256)

When updating our custom connector for a custom REST API we have been developing for a few months now, I ran into the following issue for the first time today:

custom_connector_error.PNG

Critical: The total number of operations in the swagger exceeds the maximum allowed value of '256'.

After a bit of research I couldn't find that limitation anywhere in the documentation.

Has anyone ever experienced the same issue when creating/updating a custom connector or is there a workaround? It would be very sad if we could not use more than 256 API calls with a custom connector.

Thank you in advance for your contributions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nikried
Frequent Visitor

While the Microsoft Support is still investigating on the issue (they don't seem to put a lot of effort into this), I have found a workaround. If you are in the same situation, just create or update the custom connector with more than 256 operations using the Microsoft Power Platform Connectors CLI. Sometimes it failes because of timeout issues, but by repeatedly calling the command the custom connector will eventually be updated.

If only there was an option to use this command in a DevOps pipeline, then it would be perfect. For now, you have to perform a device login authentication for which user interaction is required.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
askondo
Microsoft
Microsoft

@nikried We recommend that you contact MS Support and have them investigate.

nikried
Frequent Visitor

While the Microsoft Support is still investigating on the issue (they don't seem to put a lot of effort into this), I have found a workaround. If you are in the same situation, just create or update the custom connector with more than 256 operations using the Microsoft Power Platform Connectors CLI. Sometimes it failes because of timeout issues, but by repeatedly calling the command the custom connector will eventually be updated.

If only there was an option to use this command in a DevOps pipeline, then it would be perfect. For now, you have to perform a device login authentication for which user interaction is required.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Users online (89,376)