cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yahya
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Custom Help in model-driven: I can create, read, but not my users

I have enabled the feature of Custom help for model-driven apps. I can create, edit, but not my users although their security rule READ for Help pages is enabled. what is wrong?

6 REPLIES 6
Fubar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

I may be wrong on this, but think you need to assign the provided Help Page Consumer security role (I don't think its just the privileges - but I may be wrong on this - just have it sitting in the back of my mind that you have to use the specific role)

EricRegnier
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @Yahya, Is it that your users cannot view the custom help pages or that you want your users to manage custom help pages? Cheers

Yahya
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Hi @EricRegnier , I would like users to Read help pages. they have the side banner opens once they click the help button but it's blank for existing pages.

EricRegnier
Super User II
Super User II

By default regular users should have access to read custom help panes. It is recommended when creating custom security roles to create them based on the "Common Data Service User" role as a base/template. If you didn't it's ok you can always assign directly "Common Data Service User" role or recreate the custom role based on it (but you'll have to reassign the newly created role to all users).
Hope this helps...

Yahya
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

I tried adding my users to Common Data Service Role, with no success. I also tried to add them to Help Pages Author, with no success. Users are already on Help Pages Consumer but again, no success.

EricRegnier
Super User II
Super User II

Can you make sure the users has a role that has privilege to global/organizational read on Help Page?

2020-12-14_21-45-12.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call? Check out the recording here!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (22,470)