cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sb_teal
Helper I
Helper I

Custom column from Custom table not available in modern commanding PowerFX formula bar

Hi,

I am editing the command bar for the Main form of a custom entity.

I have made a Command button using the modern command designer however at least one of the fields in my custom table is not available in the intellisense.  Intellisense is not finding it by the display name, and if I enter the schema or logical name, it says the field does not exist.

sb_teal_0-1655848354174.png

sb_teal_1-1655848759285.png

sb_teal_2-1655848770886.png

Any ideas on why I can't find it? This is a recently added field, but I've published customisations since adding it. It looks like all the other fields from the table are available but not this one. Most of the fields were created before the recent changes to the modern solution explorer (the ones published around the time of MS Build) but this field was added after those upgrades.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sb_teal
Helper I
Helper I

In case anyone else has this problem, in order to have the command bar pick up latest changes to the data source you need to open the default command library for the model driven app, find the correct data source and refresh it.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @sb_teal ,

This might not be the situation but it appears you are using the name of the field vs. the Display name.  Example is if the Display name is 'Confirm Date' and the backend name of the field is teal_dateconfirmed wouldn't you do the following?

Patch(Sheds,Self.Selected.Item, {'Shed Status' : 'Shed Status'.Order, 'Confirm Date' : teal_dateconfirmed, 'Confirm Date' : Now()})

Sorry if this is off the path.

Hope this helps. Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.
Thanks,
Drew

Hi @dpoggemann thanks for the suggestion, this doesn't work.  For all other fields the display name is available via intellisense, but for some reason this field (Display Name = 'Date Order Confirmed', logical name = teal_dateconfirmed) isn't available - it tells me the column doesn't exist but it does exist.

sb_teal_0-1655865112344.png

sb_teal_1-1655865243290.png

Hi @sb_teal 

Can you please check teal_dateConfirmed file field is available in the table or not

Please mark as Answer if it is helpful and provide Kudos

Subscribe : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnGNN3hdlKBOr6PXotskNLA
Follow me on Twitter : @rampprakashd
Blog : https://microsoftcrmtechie.blogspot.com

Not sure what you mean by "file field" but the field is in the table, as shown in screen shot below:

sb_teal_0-1655875355357.png

sb_teal
Helper I
Helper I

In case anyone else has this problem, in order to have the command bar pick up latest changes to the data source you need to open the default command library for the model driven app, find the correct data source and refresh it.

limontora3
Frequent Visitor

Thank you! It works for me too.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (3,596)