cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ckserra33
Helper IV
Helper IV

DV Calculated column and IF statement

Hi everyone.  I am new to Dataverse and I am using a calculated column to show the remaining value left on an item.  This is working correctly, and the code I am using is below:

cr3db_totalcost - (cr3db_monthlydepriciationamount * cr3db_monthsfromacquire)

The issue is the numbers will eventually go negative.  I need it to stop at 0.  I was trying to use an IF statement, but cannot figure out the correct syntax. 

Something like If(NBV column >0,cr3db_totalcost - (cr3db_monthlydepriciationamount * cr3db_monthsfromacquire),0)

But I am 100% positive I am not approaching it correctly.

Thank you for any help!

Chris 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
joaodsantos
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi,

I feel like this is possible, but you might need to do two calculated fields instead of one. Something like

Calculated Field 1: Total Depreciation = cr3db_monthlydepriciationamount * cr3db_monthsfromacquire

No condition for this one

Then:

Calculated Field 2: Current Value

If (Total Amount < Total Depreciation)

Current Value = 0

Else

Current Value = Total Amount - Total Depreciation

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
joaodsantos
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi,

I feel like this is possible, but you might need to do two calculated fields instead of one. Something like

Calculated Field 1: Total Depreciation = cr3db_monthlydepriciationamount * cr3db_monthsfromacquire

No condition for this one

Then:

Calculated Field 2: Current Value

If (Total Amount < Total Depreciation)

Current Value = 0

Else

Current Value = Total Amount - Total Depreciation

Hope this helps

dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @ckserra33 ,

Note (IN PREVIEW) but Power Fx in Dataverse should be able to easily handle your situation here with the advanced formulas that can be used... Example article explaining the functionality:  https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-fx-formula-columns-in-dataverse/ 

The logic you are looking to do here would be basic with Power Fx (in preview) in Dataverse... 

Hope this helps. Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.
Thanks,
Drew

@joaodsantos Thank you very much.  I figured it was something like that, thanks again!

@pdp Thank you very much for the idea, I just felt more comfortable doing it with 2 columns at this point in my knowledge of DV.  Thank you very much!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Ideas

Check out the New Ideas Site

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Users online (5,200)