cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattbell
Advocate I
Advocate I

Data Source Environment Variables not working for combo boxes based on SharePoint

Hi
I have migrated a solution between environments.  The solution includes an app whose data is based on a SharePoint library.  There are some combo boxes in a form which were automatically created from the choice fields in the SharePoint datasource.

When I import the solution I update the datasource EV to the correct SharePoint site.  This works correctly in the app apart from on the combo boxes.  I need to delete and re-connecting the datasource and that fixes it.  A refresh doesn't work, and re-connecting the data source using the EV works.

A bit of a nuisance because I obviously don't want to touch the app in the destination environment.

Anyone else experienced this and knows a fix?

Thanks

Matt

12 REPLIES 12

Hence why I posted this.  Now you have a choice - wait an unspecified amount of time for the bug to be fixed, or use my workaround.

dave-jorgensen
Advocate V
Advocate V

Ah. You stated in the initial post "I obviously don't want to touch the app in the destination environment", but as you've discovered, that is the only way around the bug.

capoaus75
Frequent Visitor

This issue seems to have been resolved on my tenancy.

Also there was an issue with "Allow searching" in combo box. If the option was ON, when the solution was imported to a new environment the "Allow searching" option was OFF in the imported canvas app.  From my tests this issue has been resolved as well.  Definitely few steps in the right direction for ALM. Well done Microsoft!!!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,588)