cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
j_andersen
Frequent Visitor

Data not loading in new Table view

Hello all,

today the new table look in Dataverse was implemented, but now the table records are not loading. The table appears to be loading because the grey bar (see photo) is changing colors, but nothing is coming up, also not in other browsers. Ad/Scriptblockers are disabled. Anyone got an idea what's causing this?

Thanks

2022-05-24 16_59_37-Power Apps and 35 more pages - Work - Microsoft​ Edge.png

11 REPLIES 11
Daved1
Helper II
Helper II

I have also been struggling all day with issues.  I have created new tables today, added image field, however, there is no way to upload the image to the image field.  This was possible last week - it worked fine.

Also, I added records to the tables I created, then tried to access the data in the tables in a Canvas app.  However, the canvas does not seem to be connecting to the tables, as it cannot find any records.  I have been struggling with this all day.  I put in a ticket with Microsoft.  

Thanks for confirming that its not just me. I also put in a ticket yesterday, will update here if anything comes from it. 

GerryC66
Frequent Visitor

I also came in today to find the new look and it is causing me pains. I need to update a file attachment in a table, which does not appear in our apps (it is only used for flows) and now I do not have any way to edit this. Previously, edit a record used the default form, but now it seems to be some excel-like experience, which only supports simple data types (text, dates, numbers) but not attachments etc.

Even when I click on edit and select a record, the only options I get are add a row below, add a row above or delete row.

Is there any way to use the edit form again or is there any new documentation on this new look and feel yet?

AaronCarter
Regular Visitor

I also have this issue.

shane7mcdonald
Frequent Visitor

I also have the same issue, ever since the new look came out.

MayankP
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

HI @j_andersen 

if you just after existing data you  can select API Link to table data and it will show you all data in json format and if you got any json formatter installed on browser, you can easily see all data for this table...

MayankP_0-1653638541130.png

MayankP_1-1653638541228.png

Hope this helps..

MichelleH
Helper II
Helper II

I need to edit records using old explorer.  The new version is making this impossible. Anyone found a solution yet?

shane7mcdonald
Frequent Visitor

Hi all, I had the same issue and I found a solution (that worked for me...).

Firstly, i noticed that this was only happening in my sandbox (test) environment and not in my other environments, I could see the table data in my prod environment fine.

I then noticed in the admin centre that I had all these other 'Roles' assigned to me that I never had previously, so I reverted everything back to just the 'System Administrator' role..then voila, I could see my table data again.

I dont know which role was causing the issue, I was assigned to about 15-20 of them but try that and it might do the trick.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Carousel_PP_768x460_Wave2 (1).png

2022 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2022 through March 2023.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (5,957)