cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jrobinson
Frequent Visitor

Dataflow - Alternative Keys

Hi All,

I have 2 x Alternative keys setup in the Account Table (2 x separate systems that create their own keys), the one alternative key works as intended with the dataflows and does upserts, however, something has happened and the second one seems to be not working correctly.

When refreshing the dataflow I get the below message. (It looks like it is trying to insert but my intention is an upsert)

{"error":{"code":"0x80060892","message":"A record that has the attribute values [Column Name] already exists. The entity key [Column Name] requires that this set of attributes contains unique values. Select unique values and try again."}}

I have tried removing the key and using different naming convention but still end up with the same error.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
KBilakanti1
Microsoft
Microsoft

@jrobinson ,

There might be two chances:

1. You can export the data and check if there are any duplicated data exists in the table.

2. Check the Alternate Key status, From make.powerapps.com we can't check the alternate key status (Status has to be "Active"), hence you need to navigate through legacy UI, and navigate to the entity key and there you can see the Key status, as below.

KBilakanti1_1-1629551608720.png

jrobinson
Frequent Visitor

It looks like I have done something with my environment, I have had to reset the environment to scratch. I think my issue arose because I had 2 separate solutions that had created dependences on one another.

This guide helped me better understand solutions if anyone is interested.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=57777

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (2,031)