cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper II
Helper II

Dataflow | Decimal numbers with scientific notation

Hi lovely Community,

just have created an Dataflow to save some decimal number with high decimal places.

Already have set up my table to decimal number with maximum of 10 places. Thats fine for me, but with Power Query I get sometimes the following format:

KSven_1-1611780626946.png

Although Ive data type "Number" in Power Query in Dataflow refresh protocol I get the following warning error message:

Cannot convert the literal '7.0298769771529E-05' to the expected type 'Edm.Decimal'. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.

Do you know how to fix this? I already have tried to round off to 10 places, but theres still this format.

Thank you!

BR,

Sven

2 REPLIES 2
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @KSven ,

Would you like to add data to Dataverse table via Power Query? What is the source of data, Excel worksheet?

I made a test with variety formats of columns in the worksheet. Did not throw any error at all, however, only the text format number could be recognized.

v-jefferni_0-1611830612399.png

So, could you please try to format as Text in the table? Then you could leverage the Value function to convert the text type values to number type values in Power Apps:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-value

If this not work, I would suggest create a ticket in the support page:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Hi @v-jefferni ,

thnak you for your help. MS Ticket is running, I will post the solution here 🙂

BR,

Sven

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Users online (26,765)