Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KSven
Advocate II
Advocate II

Dataflow | Lookup field as one field of alternate key | Null values

Hi lovely community,

Ive built an dataflow with an alternate key for integration. I already know how to use look up fields as part of my key and how to set up the integration key in admin portal.

My key is like this:

Quarterdate

Salesman (Contact Lookup)

Dealer (Account Lookup)

It works if theres content in all 3 fields. But if there's one record with "null" content in one of the lookup fields there's the following error message:

KSven_0-1612465123571.png

So all fields of alternate keys have to has content and can't be null?!

If its not an required field in table, how I can have an empty integration for it?

BR,

Sven

3 REPLIES 3
KSven
Advocate II
Advocate II

No ideas...? 😕

HSheild
Super User
Super User

Hi @KSven 

When you are setting the lookup to ‘Null’ what is the input data? Is it blank or are you trying to import a value of Null? Are you able to share a screenshot of your Power Query transformation page?

Hi @HSheild ,

have tested it with a Test table. 

1. Test (alternate Key with 2 normal columns, Name + district )

Name Column (Primary Column of table)      district (text column)

"Test1"                                                             "A-District"

"Test2"                                                             null

--> Data Integration works fine

2. Test (instead of district column as text, its now a lookup to table "district")

District has alternate key of "ID" (Text Column) and "Validtill" (Date Column) -> Works great in other LookUp columns without beeing alternate key

Name Column (Primary Column of table)      district ID (part of lookup column)     Valditill (part of lookup column)

"Test1"                                                             "54"                                                    "2021-01-06"

"Test2"                                                             null                                                     null

--> In this case there will be the error message "lookup value was not found"

Regarding to you question, in my query nothing is blank(), all empty columns are null.

KSven_1-1612943380201.png

BR,

Sven

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (46,254)