cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maxpower45255
Advocate II
Advocate II

Dataflow column mapping missing columns and disables primary key selection field

Hi

I have a dataflow that copies data from one table (src) to another (dest). The src table contains 63 columns. I apply a filter to one column only and the results show properly along with the column count. However, after clicking next, and selecting "Load into existing table" and select my dest table, I only see about a dozen (subset) of the columns from the source table. I also don't get a chance to specify the primary key in the dropdown. It's completely greyed out. Does anyone know what the issue is or is this a bug? 

thanks!

dataflow - columns.PNGdataflow - disabled key.PNG 

2 REPLIES 2
AhmedSalih
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello, @maxpower45255 , are you only missing the System Columns or the custom columns as well?

maxpower45255
Advocate II
Advocate II

@AhmedSalih I don't know for sure and I don't think I can now recreate the issue because I made several modifications to my dataflow that I can't remember all of them. But I was able to get around the problem after redoing my import and deleting all the unnecessary system columns I didn't need. I believe some of the columns that show as "Lookups" (and show as [record] or [Table] in the query editor) must have been the culprit. As soon as I cleaned all those up, I was able to execute my dataflow without issues. 

I hope this helps others. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (3,304)