cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RickMcFish
Regular Visitor

Dataflow no longer showing SQL tables when creating or amending a dataflow

I have been using dataflows to populate tables in Dataverse from our on premises SQL Server, connecting via a data gateway. This has been working fine for days, yet today (Friday 11th Feb) it no longer returns any tables at all. 

I have double checked the credentials used and the data gateway and both seem to be operating OK. I can use the same data gateway/credentials to access the SQL DB in Power Automate and when building an app in Power Apps, but as soon as I come to build a data flow in Power Apps to populate a Dataverse table I get nothing returned.

RickMcFish_0-1644599624195.png

In short, this worked fine yesterday. Does not today. Nothing, to my knowledge has changed, and the gateway/credentials used works as expected in other M365 services.

Any ideas? 🙂 

1 REPLY 1
RickMcFish
Regular Visitor

Hi all, thought I'd update anyone who is interested...

Turns out the problem was with the on-prem data gateway. We had an older version installed (June 2020 I believe). I upgraded the on-prem gateway to the latest, and now it all works again as expected.

Bit bizarre as to why only one specific thing would stop working and everything else (PBI, connecting via Power Automate etc) worked fine. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events that are happening this month - don't miss out!

Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (3,574)