cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dribblej
Frequent Visitor

Dataflows from CDS Sales to CDS Project 4TW PowerApp

Hello, 

I am creating my first Dataflows. The goal is connecting my organizations D365 Sales CDS to Project CDS so I can use Accounts from Sales to becomes Accounts in my Project Power app. I have been building out the project power app that has project 4 the web functionality through the projects entity. 

My problem: I created a Dataflow that pulls the Account entity from D365 Sales and mapped it to a custom field of jdib_accounts so it didn't overwrite the OOB entity field of "accounts" in case I made a mistake. I want to see how this works. I was successful in pulling the data from Sales CDS into Project CDS but data fields with choice options are only displaying the value rather than the text choice associated with this value. 

My example is IndustryCode. I have a field called Industry that is a choice data type in Sales. Choice 1 could be Lender and is associated with value 1. I want this data to be displayed as the choice and not the value. This is a local option set in D365 as well in the account entity. 

Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 11.37.32 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-01-25 at 11.39.17 AM.png

When I create the Dataflow can I pull the local choice set so that it displays in the source field its mapped to? How do I get the choices to show up in the new field rather than just the values associated with the choices? 

Thank you so much for your help. 

All the best, 

Josh 

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,251)