cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
illmatic_one
Helper II
Helper II

Dataverse - Choice Field & Model Driven Apps

I am new to creating Model-Driven PowerApps leveraging the Dataverse.  I am having difficulty with things that should be straight forward such as creating Choice fields.   

1.) Entering Values for choice fields.

The 'Value' of choice fields is numerical and autogenerated; the Display Name is the value I want to capture.  Is this by design because the tutorials I looked at didn't have the Value feature.  Also, will entering a value in the 'External Value' make a difference.

2.) Choice() Function in PowerApps Canvas App

The above poses a problem as when trying to use these fields in a Canvas App (or custom page in Model Driven apps) such as an input form.  When trying to use the Choices() function, the Values pulled in are the numerical value.  Is there any way around that? 

11 REPLIES 11

@AhmedSalih I will try the same at my side.

@illmatic_one custom page shouldn't be different than normal canvas app as per my knowledge same behaviour but I will try based on your new input .. details to your scenario is always helpful to replicate the same but as well you can try @AhmedSalih mentioned post,most probable it will work in your case.

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here

Apologies for the delay.  Got moved to a different project momentarily.

Wanted to come back to note that @AhmedSalih   solution is inapplicable for me due to a: I am using a radio button, not a combobox; and b: This still does not resolve the Value error.  This error poses a slew of issues in that it makes it impossible to perform any form conditions based on a field since there is no Value captured.  And it does not post back to the Dataverse correctly when submitting the form since, again, no Value is captured. 

EDIT:  As an aside, I really hate this community's comment box.  Literally if I type anything it says there is invalid HTML and won't post; additionally it deletes my reply when removing said "invalid HTML."

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (3,336)