cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
james_hathaway
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Dataverse Dataflow lookup field not accepting alternate key

When creating a dataflow to sync data from a SQL databse into Dataverse, the Lookupfield of the destination table are not accepting the correctly configured alternate key.

The dataflow fails with an error message:

"0x8006088a: The key in the request URI is not valid for resource 'Microsoft.Dynamics.CRM.sdx_itemparents'."

The data sent to dataverse by the dataflow is: "sdx_Item@odata.bind": "/sdx_items(sdx_productcode='XX7281.60')" and the "sdx_item" table has an alternate key set to the "sdx_productcode" field:

james_hathaway_0-1650965204590.png

Dataflow column mapping: (There happens to be 2 lookup fields to the same "Item" entity, as this table is setting up a "parent" relationship form Item -> Parent Item)

james_hathaway_1-1650965271970.png

So it should perform the lookup to the record correctly, but is not working.

I have also checked that the Key is active (using Classic mode):

james_hathaway_2-1650965420048.png

I have searched all Microsoft Documentation and the forums, and cannot find any reference to this error anywhere.

Has anyone else seen this error?

Any ideas why this lookup is not working?

2 REPLIES 2
PHalseyKMS
Regular Visitor

I have noticed a similar error occur in one of my dataflows, but it's inconsistent, sometimes the error occurs on one table mapping and on the next run that record works but the error occurs on a different table.

Also only some records fail for a table and they all have the same key construct.  

chico
Advocate V
Advocate V

seeing this failure as well, but very inconsistent.

The refresh runs every 2 hours and maybe once a day, it fails with this error,,,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Users online (1,975)