cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
todaytoo
Frequent Visitor

Dataverse Patch Choice Column to update record in Canvas Gallery not working

Hello - I am running into issues updating a record in dataverse with the Patch function. 

I have a nested gallery with a value (Capacity Value) that needs to be updated when a user updates the selected record from the gallery and modifies the dropdown number 1 – 10.

Items: Choices([@CAPACITY_TRACKERS].'Capacity Value')

On Change: Set( varRecord, Patch( varRecord,  {'Capacity Value': Dropdown2_1.Selected.Value}   ))

Default: ThisItem.'Capacity Value'

I have tried setting the On Change to: Patch('CAPACITY DETAIL TRACKERS',ThisItem,{'Capacity Value':Dropdown2_1.Selected.Value})   but get an error message ‘Expecting OptionSetValue value, but from different schema’

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AhmedSalih
Super User
Super User

Hello, @todaytoo , what do you have in your Items property of your Dropdown2_1.Selected? If you have the following formula: Choices(ChoiceName) then, you should use Dropdown2_1.Selected instead of Dropdown2_1.Selected.Value

If my reply helped you, please give a 👍 , & if it solved your issue, please 👍 & Accept it as the Solution to help other community members find it more.

I am primarily available on weekdays from 6-10 PM CT and 5-10 PM CT on weekends.

Visit my Blog: www.powerplatformplace.com

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AhmedSalih
Super User
Super User

Hello, @todaytoo , what do you have in your Items property of your Dropdown2_1.Selected? If you have the following formula: Choices(ChoiceName) then, you should use Dropdown2_1.Selected instead of Dropdown2_1.Selected.Value

If my reply helped you, please give a 👍 , & if it solved your issue, please 👍 & Accept it as the Solution to help other community members find it more.

I am primarily available on weekdays from 6-10 PM CT and 5-10 PM CT on weekends.

Visit my Blog: www.powerplatformplace.com

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (3,888)