cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Noek

Dataverse change choice field

I would like to change some choice fields inside Microsoft DataVerse. When I go to Data, Choices, I select the list I would like to change.

I made my changes and save the list, this looks fine. But when I added a new item in and selected the choice field, I don't see the changes I have made.

What could be the reason this happens?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MayankP
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @Noek ,

Please follow following steps to see if this resolves your issue..

1. Open relevant entity form in power apps maker environment and click on switch to classic..

MayankP_1-1652951440736.png

2. on classic form, select relevant choice column and click on Edit.. (see screen print below)

MayankP_2-1652951569204.png

3. on Choice field screen amend/verify your choices list is correct and then save and close this screen..

MayankP_3-1652951707164.png

4. and on classic form, also save and publish form..

MayankP_4-1652951776350.png

after all these changes, check if this shows you new option set value or not .....

I hope these steps helps in resolving your issue...

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@Noek 

Just make sure you have published your changes.

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here
Noek

@Mira_Ghaly

I published the changes, but the issue remains

Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@Noek 

Do you mean a field of type choice or it is a lookup?

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

NHelgren
Power Apps
Power Apps

Have you checked to see if the Choices list is part of a managed solution? If it is managed but you are not the publisher, you will be unable to update it.

Noek

@NHelgren  it's part of an unmanaged solution and I'm also the co owner of the unmanaged solution

@Mira_Ghaly It's the options of a choise field. 

Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@Noek 

Make sure that the column within the table you are checking is referencing the same optionset

MayankP
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @Noek ,

Please follow following steps to see if this resolves your issue..

1. Open relevant entity form in power apps maker environment and click on switch to classic..

MayankP_1-1652951440736.png

2. on classic form, select relevant choice column and click on Edit.. (see screen print below)

MayankP_2-1652951569204.png

3. on Choice field screen amend/verify your choices list is correct and then save and close this screen..

MayankP_3-1652951707164.png

4. and on classic form, also save and publish form..

MayankP_4-1652951776350.png

after all these changes, check if this shows you new option set value or not .....

I hope these steps helps in resolving your issue...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Users online (1,665)