Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JAWL
Super User
Super User

Dataverse column not appears in power apps form field

Dear Experts,

I have newly created a text column in Dataverse table (also tried to create directly from power apps as well):

JAWL_0-1648110287803.png

Nevertheless, my frustration bursts when all efforts are in vain, that means I could not find the new column when trying to add the field into the form:

JAWL_1-1648110397414.png

Is this a bug? I tried deleted and recreated but to no avail. Appreciate Microsoft team and experts here for advice.

UPDATE: I can find the field if I create a new app:

JAWL_0-1648112801759.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Prakash4691
Super User
Super User

@JAWL ,

Are you trying to add your new field in canvas app instantly after adding in table?

If so, kindly try to refresh your datasource or your editor once. Normally it takes some time to reflect if either of the options haven't tried.

If it answers your question, kindly give kudo and accept it as solution.

Regards,

Prakash

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @JAWL ,

1.  Do you have multiple environments?  Is there a chance you added the field to one environment and you are modifying the form in another? 

2.  There is a checkbox that says "Show only unused table columns", can you uncheck this and see if you can find the column?  Wondering if you accidentally clicked and it is on your form already.

These are the only two things I can think of that could cause the issue, I have never had an issue with the field not showing otherwise.

Hope this helps. Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.
Thanks,
Drew

Hi @dpoggemann 

1. Impossible. I have crossed check the added field and form is linked to the same table ID and same environment. I have also tried to add the field from another previous version existing app, the field appears. The big question is why it did not turn up in my current version app? I have also save as another version but still failed to find the field.

2. Can you share some screenshot how to uncheck "Show only unused table columns"?

dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @JAWL ,

We might be talking about model vs canvas apps for this functionality... I was thinking you are adding to a model app where you would see the following when adding the field (note the checkbox) but looking closer at your screen you appear to be adding to a Canvas App Form?

Screen Shot 2022-03-24 at 4.52.54 AM.png

Hope this helps. Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.
Thanks,
Drew

Hi @dpoggemann  ,

Yes I'm adding to canvas app form. It's really strange. Hope can tag some Microsoft SMEs..

Prakash4691
Super User
Super User

@JAWL ,

Are you trying to add your new field in canvas app instantly after adding in table?

If so, kindly try to refresh your datasource or your editor once. Normally it takes some time to reflect if either of the options haven't tried.

If it answers your question, kindly give kudo and accept it as solution.

Regards,

Prakash

Hi @Prakash4691 

Yes refreshing did the "magic" trick. Wow but Lol. Why it cannot be auto-refreshed..

JAWL_0-1648178224356.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (2,693)