cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hubertg
Frequent Visitor

Dataverse for Teams, how to get an environment with Office F3 capabilities.

Hi everybody.

I need to test the capabilities and limitations of dataverse for teams for a Office F3 user.  But actually  me and the partner has E3 and E5 licenses, I want to confirm if a user with only E3 will have same functionalities on dataverse and power platform as a F3.  partner also has dynamics 365 licenses and dataverse sandbox environments created, can affect this insulation for a teams dataverse?.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @hubertg,

You found it. :). The dataverse environments are isolated from others as you now know.  Microsoft has increased the limits so you can create 10K of these environments with approximately 1 billion rows across them all together (at this time).  Overall the users utilizing the environments will need to have the respective Office 365 licensing (i.e. Exchange Online only does not qualify) or of course Power Apps Per App / Per User licensing or Dynamics 365 qualifying licenses. 

Microsoft has also provided the ability to "migrate" to a full dataverse environment from the Teams one in the past month as well which is nice if you want to make a full blown environment.

Hope this helps!  If this answers your question, please mark accepted.  If it just helps, please Like.

Thanks,

Drew  

Hope this helps.

Hope this helps. Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.
Thanks,
Drew

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
hubertg
Frequent Visitor

Excuses,  I was confused about dataverse for teams.  I checked that the power apps for teams are created and deployed from ms teams app,  and they are completely isolated from CDS and dynamics 365 no matter if account has another power apps license, also power automate are created on a different environment.

If anyone has a tip or a recommendation at time to develop for  teams, good to know. thanks. 

dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @hubertg,

You found it. :). The dataverse environments are isolated from others as you now know.  Microsoft has increased the limits so you can create 10K of these environments with approximately 1 billion rows across them all together (at this time).  Overall the users utilizing the environments will need to have the respective Office 365 licensing (i.e. Exchange Online only does not qualify) or of course Power Apps Per App / Per User licensing or Dynamics 365 qualifying licenses. 

Microsoft has also provided the ability to "migrate" to a full dataverse environment from the Teams one in the past month as well which is nice if you want to make a full blown environment.

Hope this helps!  If this answers your question, please mark accepted.  If it just helps, please Like.

Thanks,

Drew  

Hope this helps.

Hope this helps. Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.
Thanks,
Drew

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (2,398)