cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hakurei312
Frequent Visitor

Dataverse for Teams notification?

The users in my school received the notification when using Dataverse for Teams (DFT) in MS Teams: "Your tenant has reached its data limit. Delete any unused apps, chatbots, and flows or upgrade environments to continue using any existing apps, chatbots, and flows. Please contact your administrator for more information. " (detailed in attached image)

After received this notification, we have tried some tests, every tests run normally:

1. Create new DFT environment, new tables and use dataflow to upload data;

2. Delete lots of DFT environments;

3. Recheck in power platform admin center but the capacity of each of these DFT environments is below 2GB;

4. The number of DFT environments in my tenants do not show the exactly maximum number allowed, in admin center is show as: "xx of 0" (xx is the number of avaiable DFT environment)

It seems the service is normal for now, but the notification is still there.

Our school is using Office 365 Education License and we used Dataverse for Teams (DFT) to create apps for class or store data related to class programs.

If you don't mind, could you please help me to clarify this issue related to this limit notification and what is the limitation of Dataverse for Teams in my tenant? Which solutions we could apply for this issue?

Thanks,

Hakurei.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @Hakurei312 ,

You should see in the admin center totals for what you have left for Teams like below:

Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 4.38.36 AM.png

You can see above in my test instance that I am using 512 MB of 10 GB and 1 of 5 Dataverse for Teams environments (based on the number of users in my environment that are licensed for qualified Microsoft licenses).

If you are seeing "xx" of 0 in your Education tenant you might want to verify your licenses (see Appendix B)  Example is in Educational licenses the following do not qualify (this is not a complete list):

Office 365 A1 for Faculty

Office 365 A1 for Students

Office 365 A3 for Student Use Benefit

Microsoft will many times let you create and not actually stop you from an environment perspective but will warn you that you are out of compliance.

Hope this helps. Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.
Thanks,
Drew

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @Hakurei312 ,

You should see in the admin center totals for what you have left for Teams like below:

Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 4.38.36 AM.png

You can see above in my test instance that I am using 512 MB of 10 GB and 1 of 5 Dataverse for Teams environments (based on the number of users in my environment that are licensed for qualified Microsoft licenses).

If you are seeing "xx" of 0 in your Education tenant you might want to verify your licenses (see Appendix B)  Example is in Educational licenses the following do not qualify (this is not a complete list):

Office 365 A1 for Faculty

Office 365 A1 for Students

Office 365 A3 for Student Use Benefit

Microsoft will many times let you create and not actually stop you from an environment perspective but will warn you that you are out of compliance.

Hope this helps. Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.
Thanks,
Drew

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Users online (1,562)