cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndrewS
Helper I
Helper I

Dataverse for Teams why is Date control (date only) showing also time and wrong region format

I have created an Teams app using dataverse for Teams. When I ceate a date column for a table used by the app , with the options 

Data type : Date & Time

Time zone adjustment : User Local

Input method editor : Auto

When I add a date control to the app it not only shows the date but also the Hour and minutes, even though in the column setting is date only. Can i just hide the Hour / Min controls?

Also when I preview the app in the Power Apps studio it displays dd/mm/yyyy which is what I expect (my region settings are UK).

When I run the app from Teams dates are displayed as mm/dd/yyyy . I do not understand why as my Win10 settings are UK language and also my O365 profile is also set to UK. This happens both in the Teams app an Teams running from  a browser. 

Are there any settings that I need to set in the Dataverse for Teams enviroment ?

26 REPLIES 26
AhmedSalih
Super User
Super User

Hello, @AndrewS, in your Environment go to Advanced Setting > (Click on the Settings Gear) >> Options and change the Format for your Date:

AhmedSalih_0-1660232914554.png

This will change your Dataverse Environment Date format. Check it out and let me know if that solve the issue. 

Regards,

Ahmed

If my reply helped you, please give a 👍. And if it has solved your issue, please consider a 👍 & Accepting it as the Solution to help other members of the community find it more.

My Blog: www.powerplatformplace.com

Stevejm
Helper I
Helper I

I have this question too.  We are just moving from Sharepoint to Dataverse for Teams and when creating date column in Dataverse it is defaulting to USA format and we must have UK format. I have looked at environment setting under Power Automate (as that appears to be the only place I can view the DV4T environments and there is no option for changing the date fomat. Any help much appreciated as this is a showstopper for moving to DV4T.

@Stevejm, if you go to flow.microsoft.com do the following.  Change the Country to UK

AhmedSalih_0-1660658906583.png

Regards,

Ahmed

If my reply helped you, please give a 👍. And if it has solved your issue, please consider a 👍 & Accepting it as the Solution to help other members of the community find it more.

Hi Ahmed, thanks for the response but I’ve already checked these settings and the display language is ‘English’ and the Regional Format ‘United Kingdom’ but the date format, as mentioned, is defaulting US date in my Dataverse table in Dataverse for Teams still

@Stevejm, for the Dataverse, you need to change the Environment customization as mentioned in my First Reply.

Regards,

Ahmed

Stevejm
Helper I
Helper I

Hi Ahmed, how to I get to the environment settings for Dataverse for Teams please as settings for Teams have limited options and I don’t get this box 

Stevejm_0-1660663412110.png

AndrewS
Helper I
Helper I

@AhmedSalih  Thanks for your help so far , but I also cannot find this advance settings. Dataverse for Teams has very limited settings to change , in the enviroment admin panel. Which is also different from the screen you showed on the Power Automate home page. What I have done is enabled a classic date control in my Teams app and used that instead of the fluid UI default control. Would there be something else that we have missed? 

@AndrewS, this is not in the Admin Center. Go to your Environment https://make.powerapps.com/environments/YOUR-URL  

Click on the GEAR on Top-Right >> Advanced Settings >> Again Click on the Gear on Top Right >> Options >> Formats >> Customize

Regards,

Ahmed

AndrewS
Helper I
Helper I

@AhmedSalih  This screen is what i see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/about-teams-environment#dataverse-for-teams-en... . I will see if I can create a screenshot of my Teams environment settings.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (5,928)